During the first webinar series of the Colorado Association of Conservation District’s 2021 Virtual Annual Meeting, Colorado’s Ag Commissioner presented our very own Katlin Miller with the “Conservation Excellence” award for her work on the East Troublesome Fire.
The Commissioner of Agriculture’s Award for Conservation Excellence is awarded annually to Conservation District individuals who have demonstrated excellence in one or more of the following areas:
- Leadership that brings dollars and resources to the district and to benefit the land
- Volunteers in service for the conservation community
- Serves in various capacities and assists in sustaining Colorado’s agricultural industry
- Strives to further the collective goals of the conservation community to benefit more of Colorado’s natural resources
- Successful in developing conservation partnerships
- Provides a vision for the future of agriculture and the conservation movement
- Fosters future conservation leaders
- Practices good conservation on their own land
Watch the video, here (skip to minute 3:00)!